So many reasons why...
For 70 years, SVCU has been passionate about our communities and the power of local decision-making. We come to work every day ready to earn the trust of our members and help them build a better future. That trust is supported by a complete suite of financial products and services designed to meet our members changing needs, which includes industry-leading banking, wealth management, a full suite of lending products and insurance services.
If you would like to be part of our unique and diverse team in a rewarding work environment, this is what we can offer you...
- We offer a competitive salary with annual salary range adjustments and merit increases
- We also offer a variable compensation program that rewards employees for outstanding individual performance
- After one year of employment, staff are eligible to join our pension plan. Employee pension contributions are 6% of gross salary and are fully matched by SVCU.
- We provide a comprehensive benefit package to support the health and wellness of our employees. Coverage includes:
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Extended Health (including vision)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Staff are provided with three weeks of vacation from the start of employment
- This is increased at regular intervals up to six weeks’ vacation on your 14-year anniversary!
- Staff are provided with a generous sick leave entitlement each year
- 3 days annually may be allocated to family sick leave and can provide flexibility to staff with children or other immediate family members requiring medical care
- We support work-life balance by offering the opportunity for flexible working hours or other flexible arrangements as agreed upon
We believe in developing our employees to reach their highest potential in their current roles and prepare themselves for future opportunities at SVCU
- We encourage employees to actively seek out professional development and training opportunities that will develop their skills and capabilities
- Comprehensive credit union specific courses are available to employees through our partnership with the Canadian Credit Union Association/CUSource