Protecting Your Privacy & Security
Digital Banking Security
Our digital banking system has industry-leading security capabilities, including robust fraud prevention, cyber security features and high-risk transaction protections to ensure that your transactions are secure while data is transmitted between your device and our banking server.
We use 256-bit TLS encryption on our desktop website and mobile app, enabling you to easily and securely complete banking transactions on your phone, tablet or computer.
Controlled account access
You have control over your account access – only you know your sign-in credentials, user name and password. Our employees do not have this information, nor do they require it from you.
There is a maximum number of attempts to input the password for your account. If it exceeds the number, your online access will be disabled, and you must contact a member representative to assist you.
Withdrawal of Consent
As a member, you can control the information you receive from your credit union and our system affiliates, except for monthly statement inserts, by using the Withdrawal of Consent Privacy Exception form.
Some information SVCU collects is necessary to provide products and services to you the member, and providing this information is not optional. You can withdraw your consent for promotional material at any time. If you wish to withdraw or partially withdraw your consent, please complete the attached form and submit to the SVCU. Please note that a reasonable time period may be required to process your Withdrawal of Consent.
Member Information Access & Privacy Concern
- “Access Camera” permission is used by the app to deposit a cheque via mobile deposit capture, store a custom profile picture and background.
- “Access Location” permission is used by the app to accurately locate the nearest ATM or branch in the “Find Us” feature.
- “Call Permission” is used to automatically call the user’s preferred branch by tapping on the phone number in the “Find Us” feature.
- “Read Contacts” permission is used to set up new Interac e-Transfer® contacts and send an Interac e-Transfer®. Only the device contact information a user confirms is readable by Interac.
- “Internal Storage” permission is required to view, share and download PDF files from the mobile app to a user’s device.
- “App Activities” uses mobile app interaction data for analytics on usage and crash information for the current app version. We also monitor application stability using the crash logs to make ongoing improvements. Data collected on app activities, information and performance is completely anonymous and aggregated – individual users are not identifiable.