Let's Map Your Path Out Together!
Your journey is unique to you, and your financial products and services should line up. We’re here to support you every step of the way.
Whether that means making it easy to apply online for a loan, in-person financial guidance, getting the most from your account package, building up your emergency savings, do-it-yourself investing, or a credit card that rewards you, we encourage you to explore the options SVCU can deliver to help you along the way. If you are a student attending post-secondary school, or pursuing a trade or professional designation, we have unique options for you as well.
Ready to be a part of something great and make a positive impact? Check out the careers at SVCU.
Accounts & Service Packages
Are you in the right account? Good question!
SVCU offers a range of accounts, and it's always a good idea to make sure the account you have is providing the best value to you. If you are paying too much in extra surcharges at the end of the month, or you would like to earn more interest, these are great reasons to take another look at our wide range of account packages.
Looking for advice, give us a call or stop in and see us, we are happy to take you through your options!
Personal Financial Services
We are big on meeting with our members, so we would love to introduce you to our Financial Services Team! Whether it's over the phone, email or in person our experienced and knowledgeable advisors can support you in your financial journey.
One of the many benefits of our credit union is local decision making. This allows our Financial Officers to move quickly, ensuring quick turn around on your financial requests. So whether it's our Auto & RV Program, a term loan or line of credit, or a mortgage, we can make it happen in days, not weeks!
Get to know us and make an appointment today! But wait! Can't make it in? Apply on-line!
At SVCU we love to talk about saving for your future goals! And we know when you do not have much left over at the end of the day, it's hard to set it aside for something that might seem far off. But with the right relationship that little bit can grow into making your financial dreams come true!
Access the expertise of our Investment Specialists, they can open the doors to travelling the world, saving for a home, self-directed investing options and even early retirement! Possibilities become realities when you work with an advisor.
Make an appointment today to find out how easy it is to get started!
Collabria Mastercard® offers you many options to support you on your financial path! Each card comes with a unique set of features and benefits, like extended travel insurance or warranty on the items you purchase. Applying is easy! For details on each card, please select the link!
Classic Mastercard® - Credit card convenience. Simple, easy and smart. Learn more, here.
Cashback Mastercard® - Earn cash rewards for everyday purchases. Learn more, here.
Centra Gold Mastercard® - A perfect balance of premium rewards and low rates. Learn more, here.
World Mastercard® - A wide world of privileges. Enjoy 15,000 Welcome Points when you sign up for a new card. More details, here. Must have Minimum Annual Income of $60,000 individual or a Minimum Household Income of $100,000 to qualify.
US Dollar Mastercard® - Carry the card that's as rewarding as your US travel. No foreign transaction fees for US purchases, more details, here.
Protect Your Money
Protecting your money is part of our partnership. We are committed to continually educating our staff and members on the best practices to keep your personal information and your money safe. We encourage our members to regularly visit SVCU's catalogue of "Protect Your Money - Quick Tips" and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre for the most recent information on scams and fraud.
Some things to always keep in mind:
If you suspect you are a victim of fraud, please call us immediately at 204.734.7828.
Professional Line of Credit
Pursuing a Medical or professional designation takes commitment and SVCU is here to support you every step of the way. We offer extended lines of credit, competitive interest rates and repayment options that allow you to complete your education without additional financial stress. Take that next step and make an appointment with one of our Personal Financial Services Officers to find out more!
Swan Valley Credit Union recognizes that students seeking a professional designation will be faced with higher tuition fees, living expenses and books. Students will pay interest only while they are attending an accredited university or college and for up to 12 months following graduation or end of residency.
- Medical Line of Credit (Medical Doctor/Dentistry) Up to $50,000 annually with a maximum credit limit of $200,000.
- Professional Designation Line of Credit. Designations that qualify up to $20,000 Annually with a maximum credit limit of $80,000
- Accounting (CA, CGA, CMA)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Veterinary Medicine
- We are diverse in our career opportunities including roles in finance, wealth management, tech, marketing, insurance and administration.
- We offer a competitive salary with annual salary range adjustments and merit increases
- We also offer a variable compensation program that rewards employees for outstanding individual performance (Aka. Bonuses)
- After one year of employment, staff are eligible to join our pension plan. Employee pension contributions are 6% of gross salary and are fully matched by SVCU.
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Extended Health (including vision)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Vacation - 3 Weeks to start!
- Sick Leave
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- We support work-life balance by offering the opportunity for flexible working hours or other flexible arrangements as agreed upon
- Learning & Development
- We encourage employees to actively seek out professional development and training opportunities that will develop their skills and capabilities
- Comprehensive credit union specific courses are available to employees through our partnership with the Canadian Credit Union Association/CUSource